TOKARA’s vibrant new Sauvignon Blanc vintage is the perfect summertime companion for warm-weather sipping and alfresco dining.
Crafted from Elgin and Stellenbosch vines, the just-released TOKARA Sauvignon Blanc 2020 is vibrant with an abundance of Cape gooseberries, green apples and passion fruit.
“The finish is refreshing and crisp with a slight oyster shell salinity that makes it quite moreish,” says winemaker Stuart Botha.
TOKARA Sauvignon Blanc lends itself beautifully to seafood especially Sam Linsell of Drizzle and Dip’s delicious prawn pasta with tomatoes, garlic and cream.
Prawn pasta with tomatoes, garlic & cream
250g linguini or spaghetti
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
4 anchovy fillets, chopped
300g prawn meat (after skinned, deveined and heads removed)
250g baby tomatoes halved
3 cloves garlic, crushed
½ red chilli finely chopped or ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
6 sundried tomatoes in olive oil vinaigrette, blitzed in a small food processor or bashed up to a paste in a pestle and mortar
½ cup TOKARA Sauvignon Blanc
1 Tbsp baby capers or chopped capers (optional)
1/3 – ½ cup cream
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
Small handful wild rocket leaves
Zest of half a lemon
Salt & pepper
1. Get a large pot of salted water on the boil and cook your pasta according to the pack instructions and until al dente.
2. Get the sauce going about 5 minutes into cooking the pasta. Heat large non-stick frying and add the butter and olive oil. Once bubbling, add the anchovies and prawns and toss about until the prawns just start turning pink. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for about 30 seconds and until fragrant.
3. Add the wine to deglaze the pan and allow most of the liquid to cook off. Then add the tomatoes, sundried tomatoes and cook for about 2 – 3 minutes.
4. Add the cream and capers and allow this to thicken slightly.
5. Drain the pasta and reserve some of the cooking liquid. Tip the pasta into the pan to finish off cooking with the sauce. Add some of the cooking liquid to loosen the pasta and toss in the chopped parsley, wild rocket and grated lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately in large bowls.
TOKARA Sauvignon Blanc 2020 is available countrywide and sells at the cellar door at R95.
For online purchases visit their website – HERE…
Recipe and Photograph supplied by Sam Linsell (Drizzle and Dip).