In keeping with their fire and smoke themed menu, Marble restaurant, have just launched a limited-edition smoke-inspired cocktail menu, bringing the Marble experience of smoke and flame from the kitchen, into the heart of its legendary bar.
These six-cocktails, developed by head bartender, George Hunter, are extending the offering of this favourite restaurant in more ways than one.“Just as Marble is about an elevated experience, so are these cocktails. All six of the cocktails embody the element of smoke – in the name, in the ingredients and in how they are served.” says George.
“The bar at Marble has always been an integral part of the Marble experience, and it really is where our guests’ journey starts,” explains Marble’s Chef David Higgs. “We have an exquisite space; a beautiful view and an incredible bar team led by our head bartender George Hunter – someone who I have always admired.”
The six cocktails are:
• Hot Smoke: Bacardí Ocho, Coconut Cream, Peanut Butter, Pineapple Juice, Citrus, Sugar Syrup
• Smoke Embodied: Aultmore 12yr, Drambuie, Guava Syrup, Citrus, Smoked Pineapple, Activated Charcoal
• Cold Smoke: Grey Goose, Amaretto, Angostura Aromatic, Chamomile, Honey, Citrus,
• Smoke Within: Dewars 15yr, Dewars 12yr, Martini Rosso, Yellow Chartreuse
• Smoke from Above: Patrón Reposado, Honey, Citrus, Grapefruit Soda, Smoked Vanilla Air
• Smoke from Below: Monkey 47, Antica Formula, Coconut Infused Campari
“Although essentially simple and classic, the new cocktails have been designed to elevate the bar program at Marble,” George adds. “This will be a separate menu to our normal cocktail and wine list. The combinations and flavours are more intense – but it’s also not just about what’s in the glass, rather it’s about how it’s served, and how it creates a different experience for our bar customers.”
“We are really excited about the bespoke, limited edition bar menu that George is putting together for our guests to enjoy as part of their Marble experience,” David concludes.
The smoke-inspired cocktails are a first in a series of limited-edition cocktail menus.
Each of the bespoke menus will change seasonally every three to six months and are available in the bar only. All the drinks are priced at R165 each.
For more information, visit www.marble.restaurant