As we head in to that uber special month of luuuurve, what better way to celebrate love – than with the Blues, and the Nirox Foundation is playing host to a stellar line-up of acoustic musicians, gourmet food traders & restauranteurs, a full bar, and a selection of sumptuous desserts on Saturday 17th February 2018!
Featuring artists include:
• Blues maestro Dan Patlansky.
• Cape Town loop artist and harmonica player extraordinaire Dave Ferguson.
• Prodigal son of the South African blues scene Albert Frost.
• Country & folk heroine Laurie Levine.
• Lapsteel slide guitarist Richard Bruyns and his band The Saucetones.
• Bayou bluesmen Gunshot Blue and their grappa-infused melodies.
• Nirox Residency Artists The Urban Village featuring their afrocentric renditions of blues classics.
An outdoor film screening will follow this full day of Music, Food, Art & Nature, as well as the debut of The Urban Village’s first music video ‘Inkani’ which will be screened before the featured film.
A full day affair at Nirox Sculpture Park with its rolling lawns, meandering waterways and ever-changing sculpture collection, Valentine’s Blues is the ideal setting for friends, families and lovers to enjoy a glorious array of sensory feasts in the Cradle of Humankind.
Date: Saturday 17th February 2018
Time: 10h00 onwards
Tickets: R330 per person; R360 at the gate – subject to availability. (Kids under 12 half price and under 2 are free.)
No food, drinks or pets allowed into the event.
For more info and booking details: www.niroxarts.com