Clico Restaurant, one of Rosebank’s most popular upmarket eating establishments and part of the 5-star Clico Hotel, has become the latest Johannesburg eatery to join Restaurant Week South Africa’s Spring 2016 edition which takes place from 20 – 30 October .
During this 10-day period, guests will be able to take advantage of two special offers:
- A two-course lunch for only R200pp (excl wine)
- A three course dinner for R300pp (excl wine)
Clico is also offering diners the option to upgrade to the 4-course lunch tasting menu for and the 6-course dinner tasting menu for (both exclusive of wine). Upgrading to the four or six-course menus also means automatic entry into Clico Restaurant’s 1st Birthday Diamond Promotion whereby one lucky diner in October stands the chance of winning a diamond from the Shimansky My Girl collection (see http://clicohotel.com/upcoming-events-at-clico/ for more details)
Says Clico chef Peter van Schaik: “I cannot wait to showcase the dishes that announce the arrival of our long awaited Spring and Summer; dishes that will include seasonal, lighter ingredients, vibrant colours and more delicate sauces.”
Van Schaik adds that his signature dish for Restaurant Week is his Spring lamb with elements such as asparagus, celeriac and herbs de Provence. “This dish definitely includes some of my most favourite ingredients,” he says.
Some of the other mouth-watering starters, mains and dessert on the Lunch and Dinner Restaurant Week menus include:
- BBQ Brisket ravioli with roasted peppers, celery chutney, burnt onions and blue cheese
- Gazpacho with basil crème and balsamic gel
- Monk fish with Tomato tart, preserved lemon, porcetta, Ash aubergine, fennel and olive oil foam
- Oyster mushrooms with asparagus, celeriac and truffle mousse, potato crisp veloute
- Buttermilk and honey pannacotta – with roast pears and mint gel, or
- Chocolate Delice – with caramel popcorn, coffee gel and hazelnut ice cream
Diners wishing to take advantage of the special Restaurant Week Spring 2016 offer must book through the Restaurant Week website at http://www.restaurantweek.co.za/ or via the button under the Restaurant tab on the Clico website.